We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance, or comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management.
Who are we?
DNSFilter is a fast-paced company that has doubled its growth in 2019. We are a TechStars startup that supports over 1500+ organizations, including Fortune 500 customers like NVIDIA. Our company is fully remote, with staff in several countries.
Our secret sauce is an A.I. engine that performs real-time classification and threat detection. We use this in concert with our DNS resolver network to protect users from phishing/malware and enforce custom policies (block adult content, enforce SafeSearch, etc). We also market the A.I. engine separately as Webshrinker, for use in domain analysis use cases.
In 2019 we doubled our annual revenue and closed a $5M round in venture funding. Now, 2020 is set to be another amazing year for growth, and we are looking for the Marketing team to help fuel this growth. Content production will play a key part in enabling the sales team to win customers as well as presenting a captivating and consistent brand image.
What you’ll do
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Income Statement/P&L generation, Cost Accounting, and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with preparation for quarterly board meetings
- Detail and process-oriented
- Technically inclined and proficient at Mac (We only use Macs)
- Experienced in SaaS and/or startups
- Located in the United States
- Not totally fresh out of school - a few years worth of experience is required
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- are holding an Advanced degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experienced with creating financial statements
- Experienced with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent in administration
- Thorough experienced with Xero accounting software
- Intimately familiar with expense tracking software, such as Expensify
It is a plus (not required) if:
- You are a CPA
- You are located in Washington, D.C. or Denver.
We can offer you:
Growth prospects - grow within the organization!
- Strong DevOps and Engineering teams to support you
- Work from home, a co-working space, or our DC/Denver offices
- Experienced founders who have built successful teams and successful companies
- Company gatherings each year (last year we all met on a beach in Colombia for 1 week)
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Full medical and dental benefits for US employees